Open Evenings are usually held each autumn for prospective pupils, parents and carers to attend and view schools; the planned dates for the Year 6 open evenings this year are as follows:
- All Saints’ RC School – Wednesday 28th September 2022
- Archbishop Holgate’s CE School – Thursday 6th October 2022
- Fulford School – Wednesday 12th October 2022
- Huntington School – Thursday 13th October 2022
- Joseph Rowntree – Wednesday 5th October 2022
- Manor CE Academy – Tuesday 4th October 2022
- Millthorpe School – Tuesday 11th October 2022
- Vale of York Academy – Tuesday 27th September 2022
- York High School – Thursday 29th September 2022
Please note that the Wednesday ‘Roast of the Day’ options are as follows: Wednesday week 1 – Chicken Wednesday week 2 – Turkey Wednesday week 3 – Gammon Click here for more information about school meals.
*Volunteers needed for the Summer Fair*
If you can help out on Saturday 9th July between 12 and 3 (or just for an hour or so during that time), it is really good to know beforehand. Send us a quick email to let us know: email@example.com
Thanks to your generosity and support, we have raised a whopping £2100 to restore our lovely rocking horses.
Well done #operationfishergaterockinghorse!Rocking Horse Club
We are now gearing up for the Summer Fair on 9th July. To make this event a super fundraiser for our children, we would be so grateful if you can support it by reading the list below, and donating these things, for prizes on
DONATIONS DAY: FRI 1st JULY
- FILLED JAM JARS – JAM JAR STALL
This is for the ‘Jam Jar Stall’, a prize every time, which is lots of fun for the children, especially if we have a nice mix of things to win. In the past people have filled jars of all sizes with stationery, crafty things, small games, puzzles and toys, collector cards, sweets, loose change (more than £1 worth) – you can be as creative as you like.
- CLEAN CUDDLY TOYS AND CHARACTERS – TEDDY TOMBOLA
This is a prize every time, too, and previous year’s prize teddies can be re-donated, so it’s recycling, too.
- UNOPENED BOTTLES OF ALCOHOL – BOTTLE TOMBOLA
On the day there is a mix of soft drinks, water, as well as alcohol. Please donate wine, beer, cider, sparkling wine, spirits (NB: Any child winning an alcohol prize on the day, needs their adult to collect it).
- CHOCOLATE – CHOCOLATE TOMBOLA Boxes and bars of all types and sizes.
- NEW PRIZES – GENERAL TOMBOLA
In the past, families have generously donated new items such as perfume, toiletries, gadgets, games, household equipment, clothing, brand new books and more besides. Please just make sure that the item is something you would be happy to win yourself.
- NEW LARGER VALUE ITEMS & VOUCHERS & HAMPER FOOD ITEMS – GENERAL RAFFLE
These can be bought specifically, or unwanted gifts, as long as they are new and unused. For the food hamper nice, non-perishable food and drink items of all kinds would be great.
Thank you so much for your support. We are really looking forward to making this a fun day for the children and their families.
If you are able give any time at all to help sorting donations on 1st July (9 – 11am) or helping on the day, please leave your email address at the office or write to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be very much appreciated.
Thank you for your support, as always.Friends of Fishergate School family volunteers
Please see below a message from the Family Matters team, and information about their upcoming courses. Wednesday mornings 9.30 to 11.30am for 4 weeks, starting 15th June at Acomb Methodist Church Front Street Acomb YO24 3BX For flyer click here Wednesday…