Teaching Assistant – Level 2 – Early Years
Application closing date
Grade 4 Level 1-4 (£23,045 -£24,213 per annum) reduced pro-rata, 22.5 hours (Paid over 44 weeks)
Start date : ASAP
Working Hours: Monday to Friday. 8.30am -1.00pm.
Part time, term-time only, contractual hours of 22.5 per week.
Fishergate Primary School are seeking a TA:
- who has experience of working with primary aged children and preferably experience of working with children who have special educational needs.
- to assist teachers in their work in ensuring that pupils including those with special education needs make good progress and participate in activities within the Early years unit.
- to support and foster the school ethos on inclusion of the child with special needs and promoting individual student’s self esteem.
- to act as a Key Worker for some children including those with special educational needs by retaining an oversight of their progress and participation.
- to supervise and provide particular support for identified students, in 1:1, group or whole class situations, ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- to assist in the development of appropriate resources and teaching strategies, working with the teacher to ensure the provision supports each identified pupil’s learning needs.
- to assist in evaluating identified students’ progress through agreed assessment activities.
- to provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress and needs.
- to undertake break time, lunchtime and after school duties as directed.
- to assist in self-care tasks such as nappy changing.
We are a popular and welcoming school with currently 306 on roll in the school, we offer you the opportunity to work within a culturally diverse setting, where we believe every child should be given the opportunity to flourish and grow in a caring, nurturing and supportive school. We offer you continuous professional development.
Application packs, including job description and person specification, are available to download below.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service
Completed recent safeguarding training including understanding of their role under Section one of KCSIE 2023.
This post is subject to the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009 and as such shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a Disqualification Declaration. Any information supplied will be discussed at interview.
- Job Description (TA2)
- Person Specification (TA2)
- Non Teaching Application Form (editable .docx MS Word format)
- Non Teaching Application Form (.pdf format)
Friday 6th October 2023 at 12 midnight
Friday 20th October 2023