This year we are looking donations along the following lines:
- Chocolate items, gifts and treats
- Boxes, bars, biscuits, any size, any shape & any flavour!
- Wines, beer, cider, sparkling wines, spirits, posh cordials, mixers, liqueurs, sherry, port, tonics, pop, sparkling water.
- Bottles must be UNOPENED to be accepted.
- Please note any children that win a bottle of alcohol must have their adult collect it.
- We are looking for NEW or unwanted new giftable items
- Perfume, toiletries, items for the home & garden.
- Gadgets, games, toys.
- Clothing, accessories and more…
- Larger value items
- Hamper food items – non perishable food and drink items of all kinds kindly welcomed.
Filled Jam Jars. (Be creative as you like here)
- Please collect your clean glass ‘jam jars’ of any size and fill them with whatever goodies you can fit inside!
- Think mini stationary, crafting, sewing, small toys, puzzles, collectors cards (lego, Pokémon, football etc) stickers, sweets, loose change (£1 or more), hair accessories, small figures, badges, fun jewellery, temporary tattoos
Handmade Christmas Decorations/Makes
- Wreaths, foliage arrangements, table decorations (can be dropped on the morning of the fair
- Tree decorations and ornaments
- Seasonal Bunting
- Recycled or aromatic Christmas curiosities.
- Handmade/recycled redesigned Christmas Cards
- Seasonal Homemade Preserves & Chutneys (unopened, labelled and dated pls)
- Soft Toys, Teddies, Plushies & Characters
- A great way to recycle and de-clutter unwanted and outgrown cuddlies
- Please ensure that all items are clean, preferably washed and in good usable (and lovable) condition.
Thank you in advance for all your support, every little bit counts to make our Fishergate Christmas Fair the success that it is. Be a part of it in any way you can!
P.s The Friends of Fishergate Primary School Christmas Fair is on Friday 8th December at 3.30pm!! More details coming soon!Friends of Fishergate
You can read more about school dinners, including free school meals and ParentPay, here.
The Raise York site is part of the city’s new network of Family Hubs; a project funded by the Department for Education to bring together organisations supporting children and families in a ‘one stop shop’. The aim is to make it easier to get advice, help and support on a wide range of topics including infant feeding, mental health support, health visits and parenting classes. In partnership with Raise, York SEND Local Offer (yorksend.org) has also relaunched onto its own site. The new website provides a dedicated resource for young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities, their families and the professionals working with them.
Parents of children in Y6 – the deadline is fast approaching! You can read more about the applying for a secondary school place here.
Please see below information from York Family Matters about their courses and events starting in November.
Trick or treat?!
Family life and parenting can be full of sweet surprises and unexpected joys. Whether it is seeing your child enjoying splashing in puddles, kicking carefree through the autumn leaves or snuggling up for a cuddle, parenting can be a real treat! But, it can also be tricky. Whether it is facing an unexpected meltdown, dealing with squabbling & fighting, or daily battles over screentime, parenting can leave us feeling confused, drained and isolated.
However you are feeling this Autumn, Family Matters York is here to help support you. We offer FREE parenting and couples support to help you make small steps of change in your relationships. As a result of our courses & events, 92% parents said they felt more confident in their parenting and 78% parents noted improvements in their relationship with their child.
Why don’t you sign up TODAY for a course? We hope that you too will experience improvements in your relationships and find support in knowing that you are not alone!
Sign up today and get those dates in your diary!Family Matters York
7.30 -9.30am (5 weeks) starting 15th November
@ 60 South Bank Ave YO23 1DP
Wednesday evenings (Online)
7.30-9.15pm (5 weeks) starting 15th November
Online via Zoom
7.30-9.30pm (4 weeks) starting 20th November
@ Cornerstone, Millfield Lane, YO10 3AP
Saturday 18th November
7.30 – 9.30pm
@ St Giles Church, Copmanthorpe, York YO23 3SE
Sessions available all year round at a mutually agreed time.