Sports Premium is government funding which was introduced in 2013/14. This funding was ring-fenced with the purpose of improving the provision of sport and Physical Education within primary schools, and was subsequently extended.
The money must be used to improve the provision of P.E. and school sport, but schools have the freedom to choose how they do this. Details of the ways in which it has been used at Fishergate School, together with an assessment of the impact of this funding over the time, can be found below.
Sport Premium Funding Review and Analysis 2017/18
The school and staff have identified the following as their priorities in developing the provision of P.E. and sports:
- To promote the quality and provision of the PE curriculum by increasing the availability and access to PE equipment
- To promote the quality and provision of the PE curriculum by increasing the knowledge and expertise of staff
- To provide continued opportunity within sporting competitions
- To improve within the PE curriculum the quality and enrichment.
- To increase the opportunities for participation within the extra curricular clubs
We ensure that improvements made are sustained and sustainable by;
- taking care of purchased resources
- continuously building on our long term productive working relationships with sporting organisations such as Jorvik SP
- sharing among staff new skills, knowledge and resources from CPD including through staff meetings and training
The impact of the grant on our pupils is reviewed annually.