We are using Google Classroom as our main platform for remote learning. The children each have a login which gives them access to their virtual classroom. Click here for instructions and tips about logging in to Google Classroom from home.
You can also find more information about remote and blended learning here.
Spring/Summer 2020 Home Learning
- Click here for Mrs Ensor’s lovely cookery and forest school ideas to try at home.
- Click here for fantastic dandelion activities and a video message from Mrs Ensor!
The #LearningProjects (phase 2)
- “Under the Sea” EYFS Learning Project
- “Sport” EYFS Learning Project
- “The Rainforest” EYFS Learning Project
- “Famous and Significant People” EYFS Learning Project
- “Around the World” EYFS Learning Project
- “Music” EYFS Learning Project
- “Space” EYFS Learning Project
- “Transport” EYFS Learning Project
The #LearningProjects (phase 1)
- Week 1 Learning Project EYFS
- Week 2 Learning Project EYFS
- Week 3 Learning Project EYFS
- Week 4 Learning Project EYFS
- Week 5 Learning Project EYFS
- Week 6 Learning Project EYFS
- Week 7 Learning Project EYFS
Lots of videos from the Letters And Sounds channel on Youtube – excellent for Reception and Y1! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_FbjYUP_UtldV2K_-niWw/
Audible has hundreds of audio books for children that are currently free to listen to here: https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
Oxford Owl have added to their free eBooks collection, developed for children aged 3–11 years old, available here, for the duration of UK school closures, so that your child has more to read.
The White Rose Maths Team has prepared a series of five maths lessons for each year group for each week, and have now added plans for the Summer term. Every lesson comes with a short video showing you clearly and simply how to help your child to complete the activity successfully. Click here to find out more.
Barefoot Computing have developed a range of resources with fun and creative activities to help you guide your child through fundamental parts of the computing curriculum – without the need for screen time!
A number of educational websites are currently offering free access to their online resources to help families to support their children’s learning at home. They may help to keep your children busy!
- Classroom Secrets https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/
- These packs are split into different year groups and include activities linked to reading, writing, maths and practical ideas you can do around the home.
- Twinkl https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer
- Twinkl are offering 30 days free access to families – click on the link and sign up using your own email address and creating your own password and use the offer code CVDTWINKLHELPS
- NumberFun https://parent.numberfunportal.com/
- The company says “To support children’s mathematical learning through this period of self-isolation and school closures we’ve decided to offer ALL parents completely FREE access to our Number Fun Parent Portal for 30 days”