Year 1/2 Teacher
Application closing date
NQT Main Scale 1-6 (£25,714 – £36,961)
We are looking for a creative, positive and energetic teacher to join our warm, welcoming and inclusive school. This is a main pay scale post but ECTs are welcome to apply. We can offer you high quality support within an experienced and well-established phase team; as well as children who love learning.
- Starting September 2022
- The ability to lead computing, D.T., or P.E. would be an advantage.
- To take responsibility for the education and welfare of a class of Year KS1 children.
- To work within the curriculum policies of the school, having due regard to the requirements of the National Curriculum, the school’s aims and objectives, and any policies of the Governing Body.
- To prepare material, plan work and set up learning situations which are appropriate to the needs of individual children; setting, and aiming to achieve, the highest possible standards for each child.
- To prepare a detailed termly forecast of work and to have this available for scrutiny on request.
- To keep detailed weekly/daily teaching plans of class activities and children’s learning experiences which are presented to the head teacher or Key Stage Leader on request.
- To assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of children in accordance with the school policy. To maintain a record of each child’s progress and attainment using the school’s tracking system each term and use continuous assessment to plan next steps and set targets for children.
- To identify children with Special Educational Needs and inform the SENCO.
- To provide a stimulating well-ordered learning environment.
- To be responsible for the pastoral care, discipline and guidance of children in your class.
- To meet parents and discuss the educational needs and progress of their children at arranged parents evenings each term. Teachers should make themselves available whenever required in addition to this to discuss concerns or share achievements with parents/carers.
- To organise and take part in educational visits for pupils, making the best possible use of the locality and community to enrich learning.
- To make opportunities for involving the children in the life of the community surrounding the school.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced Criminal Record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is subject to the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009 and as such shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a Disqualification Declaration. Any information supplied will be discussed at interview.
How to Apply
Application packs, including job description and person specification, are available to download below. Alternatively please email Mrs Deighton in the school office for an application pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit completed forms electronically to: email@example.com or by post to:
Fishergate Primary School
- Job Description – Main Scale Teacher KS1
- KS1 Teacher – Person Specification
- Teaching Application Form (.pdf format)
- Teaching Application Form (editable MC Word .doc format)
Thursday 9th June 2022 (Midnight)
Monday 13th June 2022
Tuesday 21st June 2022