What if you have a complaint?

We hope that we can all work together to see your child make good progress.  If however you have a complaint about the way we have supported and helped your child, the following steps should be taken:

  1. Discuss the matter with the class teacher and/or the Inclusion leader.
  2. If the problem is not resolved arrange a meeting with Mrs Tina Clarke, the Head Teacher.  It may be appropriate for others to be involved in the meeting (e.g. the class teacher, Inclusion leader or Educational Psychologist).  You can also speak with the SEN Governor, Ms Alisun Pawley.  We will make every effort to resolve the matter in school.
  3. If the problem still remains unresolved you can meet with a representative of the Local Authority.  Contact a member of the SEN department on 01904 554320 or emailing SENdept@york.gov.uk to arrange this.