As we start to anticipate the Summer vibes ahead of us, planning has started for the School Summer Fair, so please save these dates!
- Summer Fair Saturday 8th July 12-3pm (on the school field next to the Melbourne centre)
- Donations Day Thursday 6th July (more information on this very soon)
It is really the hi-light of our school fundraising and always lots of fun. Please put it in your diary, come along if you can, bring your family and friends and be a part of it. If you would like to be involved (in any way) or are simply curious to hear what’s going to be happening, please don’t hesitate to contact the school or email Friends on firstname.lastname@example.org and we can keep you up-to-date with it all.
You may be able to offer suggestions, improvements, lend a hand or some equipment – all of which are very welcome! Please remember there is never any pressure to do anything you do not want to or can’t. General enthusiasm and emotional support is always very welcome too!
It is the collaborative generosity of you all that ensures events like this happen. Do you have any ideas for new games to include? Face Painting Skills? Any entertainment skills you would like to showcase? Juggling, dancing or acrobatics or musical accompaniment? Could you create a music playlist for interludes in the entertainment area? Could you bake sweet and savoury treats? Help out with face painting? Can your employer offer a raffle prize?
We require people to help for:
- Morning set-up and end of day clear down
- Helpers for stalls (enough people for split shifts so everyone gets to enjoy the fair with families too) if you can offer even one hour, that would be a huge help
- Sort & Organise Donations on Thursday AM july 6th in school
We also need the following equipment:
- Gazebo’s (several/many as possible)
- BBQ’s Outdoor rugs/picnic blankets
- Does anyone have the means to create a large banner for the school gates? Even better one we could reuse each year? Email us if you do.
If you can help out or have ideas, please contact Friends by email or via the school office
Thank you!Friends of Fishergate