- Click here to see the Early Years Brochure, updated for Autumn 2020
- Click here to see the school Prospectus
Admissions for full time places, including in-year applications, at Fishergate school are processed by the admissions team at City of York Council, as the admissions authority for our school.
- Details of all admissions policies that apply in the City of York can be found here
- The policy for admission in the current Reception class for 2020-2021 can be downloaded here
- The Admissions Policy for entry into Reception at Community and Voluntary Controlled Primary and Infant Schools for 2021-2022, can be downloaded here
- For information on requesting a place in year groups other than Reception please see the admissions team page about “in-year applications”
Starting Reception in September 2021?
You should apply for your child to start primary or infant school by 15th January in the school year your child turns 4. Applications for a place in Reception starting in September 2021 opened on 12th September 2020. The deadline for applications is 15th January 2021. Late applications can be made after 15th January, though these may be looked at after other applications. National Offer Day will be in April.
Please read the Click here to see the Early Years Brochure, updated for Autumn 2020 when applying for a school place, as it contains key information on school admissions. We also advise you to keep checking on the City of York Council Admissions site to keep updated with key dates throughout the year.
If you can’t apply online you can request a paper Primary Application Form by calling 01904 551 554. Forms are also distributed to primary schools and nurseries in the York area.
Admissions Consultation 2022-2023
This year’s Admissions Consultation is being jointly held by all admissions authorities in the City of York between 12th October and 29th November 2020. The consultation includes the admissions policies and planned number of places available at each school in the year(s) of entry.
The draft version of the 2022-2023 Community and Voluntary Controlled Primary and Infant Schools Admissions Policy for Reception Entry can be found here and the PAN (Planned Admission Number) for Fishergate Primary School for September 2022 is 45.
All documents can be found in their draft (pre-determined) form at https://www.york.gov.uk/AdmissionsConsultation.
The views of parent/carers, schools and other interested parties are being sought during this consultation.
Following the consultation, each admission authority will formally set (‘determine’) their admission arrangements for admission in 2022-2023 by 28th February 2021. Determined policies will be on the City of York Council website by 15th March 2021, after which objections can be raised.